Tuesday 22 January 2013

Ocean Consulting

This week I created a fake company for a site called "Illustration Fridays." Every week they post a word and if you so desire you may create an illustration of whatever that word means to you. The word was, "Ocean" so I created a company called "Ocean Consulting." The first step in the process was to design a good logo. A logo is needed first because it pulls everything together and a certain consistency is achieved.

I started with some quick thumbnail sketches to gather some ideas.


This was a very fast process because I knew after just these four thumbnails what I wanted to do. This next picture will show the logo once it has been cleaned up and digitalized.


This is the Logo that I chose to go with for this company. The next step in the process was to create a business card. 



This is the card that I came up with. I began by placing the water texture image on the back. I then placed a semi transparent square that was the same colour as the logo to make the water look closer to the desired colour. I then placed a white square on top and made a compound path with the circles that I drew. I turned the white square into a gradient from white to transparent to make it fade out.

The next thing I did was create a website. After I did that I made a composition that included the card and the website. This helped to illustrate the business image that I tried to create. Creating corporate image and identity is something I am very interested in. This is why I chose to illustrate the word "Ocean" in terms of a consulting firm.

Here is the finished file that I submitted to Illustration Fridays.


Hopefully you enjoyed that blog. If you would like similar work done for you call me at: 519-532-1135











No comments:

Post a Comment